Donate to this Holiday Campaign, Get a Unique Student Invention in Return

Support youth entrepreneurship and get some super cool goods.

Governor Deval Patrick learns about BUILD student projects at Entrepalooza. Photo by Rebecca Strong, Tech Writer @ BostInno

Published by Rebecca Strong, Dec. 3, 2014 - BostInno

"‘Tis the season" for giving presents - and giving back. Maybe lucky for you, a new IndieGoGo campaign can help you do both at once.

BUILD Boston, a four-year program designed to turn disengaged kids at risk of dropping out into full-fledged entrepreneurs, just launched a Holiday Giving initiative that’s running through Dec. 31.

In return for a $25 contribution, donors will receive original products made by the BUILD students that could make great gifts. Like portable speakers for your iPhone. Or an LED light for dog collars with reflective tape. Or maybe some glow-in-the-dark hair extensions.

While 90 percent of what you invest goes toward expanding BUILD by bringing more students into the Boston program, the remaining 10 percent goes directly to the student business teams, which are made up of three to five students. Mentors are assigned to each team, and since many of them are from well-known companies in the local startup realm like YesWare and WorkBar, they have valuable insights into what it takes to succeed as an entrepreneur..."

Continue reading Rebecca's article on BostInno