Brought to you by
RAIN OR SHINE... BOSTON MARCHES ON!
All Tech Gives Back Projects are a GO! Get in to Give Back TUGGers!
See you at the afterparty to celebrate!
Share Your Excitement for All to Hear (and See)!
Today, we are all TUGG (Technology Underwriting Greater Good). Let your collective TUGG voice be heard across all social media channels! We want to show the broader tech community how it's done. Check out these tips to help you tweet, insta and snap throughout the day (and remember we're at @TUGGOrg).
- Follow @TUGGorg on Twitter and Instagram.
- Include our official Tech Gives Back hashtag #TechGivesBack2016.
- Share photos of your group working together and making a difference!
- Tag the nonprofit you're helping to bring a megaphone to their efforts,
- Post frequently. Let's get #TechGivesBack2016 trending!
- Posting a photo to Twitter? Tag everyone in the pic, the nonprofit, SVB and any people in the photo to reach a wider audience.
- If you tag @TUGGorg in your post, we'll repost.
- If you're volunteering with your company, ask someone to get a team photo. You might be the poster company for TGB next year :)
GET IN TO GIVE BACK!
WHAT IS TECH GIVES BACK?
For one day in October, over 1,500 of Boston tech scene’s best and brightest get out of the office and into the community to give back to local nonprofits. Teams both small and large as well as individuals donate their time across over 50 volunteer sites, giving over 9,000 hours of volunteer service in one day.
HOW THE DAY FLOWS
Day of Service (9am-3pm, hours dependent on project): Participants register for volunteer placements at nonprofit project sites throughout the Boston area.
Party (3pm-6:30pm): Everyone comes together for a community "block party" to celebrate the best day of the year! This year Jamestown has generously donated the promenade in front of the Innovation and Design Building in the Seaport for our after party. (Thank you Jamestown!) Note: the after party is 21+ and is free for volunteers.
GET IN...TO LEADERSHIP
Is your company out in full force? Share your commitment to community on social! #Rapid7Challenge and tweet us @TUGGorg!